Friday, August 1, 2008

Drinks Appreciation Interest Group

Hi all,

If you recall Kai Hock’s mail last week titled ‘Integrate fun with work’ where he basically, asked us to integrate work with play, and proposed that we get away from the office periodically to recharge with the objective of encouraging more interaction and bonding among us. Well last week before Kai Hock’s email I was asked by Merson to start the spark for this new initiative where we can form small interest groups, and on a weekly basis, have a little fun together among the group.

So what I am going to do is start a ‘DRINKS’ appreciation interest group where once a week we go off early from 4.30pm and adjourn to Bus Stop, or Kiliney, or somewhere to have 'DRINKS'. In the 1st week it will be “Tea appreciation”, 2nd week we will have “Beer appreciation”, 3rd week “Wine appreciation”, etc. I know we are all very busy at times and it will be difficult to take time off, so what I suggest is that we just book our timeslot once a week from 4.30pm – 6pm, and in-between we can have a short break for ½ an hour to drink something and then continue with our work after some quick drinks.

I’m not sure about you guys but sometimes I feel just taking a quick 30mins break recharges our minds and also helps to de-stress us alittle before we continue the grind of getting back to our work.

Also, last week as I was having my skip level together with Catherine and Damon, Kai Hock was sharing with us how he was trying to find a way for all of us to be more involved and contribute in the strategizing and idea generation to improve Biz Mkt and SingTel as a group.

I think with this ‘Drinks appreciation’ interest group it can be a start where we can brainstorm and talk freely (especially with some alcohol involved). And with Geok Chwee’s idea of having a ‘Dreaming day’, I think we can start small if we don’t have the time to take a full day off from work we can take just 1.5 hours off and come up with some interesting ideas as a group.

So what do you guys think? Hope you will all support me. We don’t need to commit to something long term but let’s at least start with ‘Tea or Beer appreciation’, and then go from there!

Based on Kai Hock’s criteria:
- each to form a group of 4 and above, can be from any unit, dept
- choose any one day of the week,
- decide on an activity to gel and bond.

Will publish and inform everyone in BM group what we’ll be doing in the next few days. Counting on James to be my first member!

Cheers all!

David

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Count on me 110% support in this awesome idea! Work hard, play hard and drink hard!

Unknown said...

Sorry, it shd be work hard, play hard and drink harder!!!

Geok Chwee said...

Thanks David! We will support you.
Geok Chwee

BTW, who is badwii77? Think it's James right? Can put real name after comments?

With Love from DSgal said...

Hmmm....tea, coffee and beer not my cup of "tea",i can go along with juices!! Else WINE is very good for me too! hee hee...

Lynette said...

*hands up* Count me in!! :D