Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dare to Dream & Dare to Fulfill

The ideal dream room...

In my opinion, anyone can start to dream comfortably when the ambience is right. Frankly speaking, the idea of the dream room at 11th floor will not work, considering the level of noise (majority coming from the area at the printer near Eliza desk.) created that kind of bringing your mind back to work...

Instead, i feel we are most creative when we are relax. And with the right company, food and beverages, and ambience, the creative juices start to flow endlessly.

When I was still studying, I worked part-time as a barrista at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. And to date, those 2 years working experiences there were still the best time in my life and unforgettable! That was when I started to develop a passion for F&B and dream about starting a cafe of my own (cannot share the concept here! No one in Spore has done that yet!)
And till now, this dream of mine has not changed a bit. Fulfilling it is a matter of the right timing, meeting the right business partners, the right location and opportunity!
And my married lifestyle further proved that my dream will not change. Almost every weekend, I have spent either my Sat or Sun cooking something nice for the 2 of us. Though the washing part is a super put-off, but the processes leading to the end product is super-duper awesome. There is this great sense of achievement and satisfaction when your spouse took the first bite and said to you: "Sedap! Thank you for your 'love'."

So now, I am taking taking baby steps to fulfill my dream. Most importantly, you must have a passion in what you are going to do because it could be your last job. I want to wake up and excited with every new day in the kitchen, dishing out creative dishes with whatever my fridge has to offer!

Some pictures of my roast chicken (No end product pics as the camera batt went flat.)
, but it still taste good!



Pic 1: Drying the chicken



Pic 2: Marinated Chicken before the 'sauna' treatment

1 comment:

Geok Chwee said...

Looks Yummy, maybe our next team gathering should be at your house...