Sunday, August 31, 2008

Software as a Service- Web 2.0

Wow since i last login was the post by Nic on KL trip....... Spent my workshop reading the blogs haha...

Anyway, what prompted me to blog is my MBA ITM workshop that discuss on WEB 2.0 and the term SaaS. and let me show you who coined the Web 2.0 - Tim O'Reilly.

Good Looking? And this workshop reminds me of our debate in Edge on whether is MBA required (Ronnie, James, Nic, ME and Moderator - Valerie)?

Studying part time is really very tiring and sometime really keep me thinking why am i paying $40K to toture myself and do i really need it.


Quoted from James:" if you are thinking of doing your own business you dun need any MBA"
From Ronnie, Nic:" Working experience is important than MBA and with all the networking you will be able to get good job without MBA."

I do agree on James, what's my dream? I been discussing with my hubby, can i open a cafe that do not have any menu and i will sell what i feel like cooking that morning. My passion is in cooking and also of course CHIT CHATTING...

Since the rented out of my weekend house last year, and living with in law (kitchen only belongs to one woman)make it hard for me to cook. Sat and sun become very boring for me - no more my weekend mahjong and get together session with my MJ friends and trying out new reciepe from Mrs Lee cook book :). This prompted me to pick up my golf again so that i can get myself occupied for the weekends.

Back to cafe, was exploring with my firends to operate a steamboat or dessert store in Jurong as all good food are in the EAST so should have oppty in Jurong. Working on the idea, business proposal, biz case etc........... the next thing......... she is pregnant!!!!!!! (YA! 16 weeks of ML) gone case for all the ideas. a Big No No for her hubby.....

So my dream of doing business gone...... :(......... So now must focus to get my 16 weeks as well ahahahahaha.

Ok no nonsense, back to the debate on MBA, i am now thinking back what prompted me to took up the course? The need of MBA? Self fulfilling? I am really not to sure now. Picture is now blurred and i think i am in the cross road and that why the idea of doing business get clearer?

I love working and like the challenges i am experiencing and this is the very reason why i am in MBA however is there a really need for MBA just for working? I think is back to the old thinking is another paper chase - toilet paper. Ha ha ... I do learn alot from MBA, the networking, the sharing of working experience etc etc.. Whether do i see the use of it? right now not, maybe in future just want myself to be prepare when oppty happen to pop by.

Think have to go, presentation time. will blog again........

BYE---- Back to book...

No comments: