Saturday, June 27, 2009

Savouring the Past...(thank you BD!)

After much coercion and "poking" from GC, I finally dust off tt procrastination and got my lazy fingers to pen down my thots... :) This is no "parting gift" but purely giving me a chance to satisfy my blogger itch. :p I'm gonna repeat some of those stuff tt I've mentioned over lunch the other day, pai seh....dont have new stuff all the time.

My stint with BD isnt too long - all of 12 months, but it was an intense, action-packed, hilarious and fun one year! Right from i.luminate to understanding the life of a BDM to RWS, there was never a dull moment. In my 4 years in BM, I've been blessed with opportunities in Pricing, leading the Pricing team and finally, BD. Each role/function gave me tt training and foundation for me to understand the different aspects of the telco biz. When I took up the opportunity to be BDM for Hospitality, I did it without any hesitation cos I knew this was the next milestone in my life/work experience. Indeed the learning curve was very steep, no time to ponder if it's right or wrong, just "cheong" lah and pray I dont get clobbered along the way! :p

We spent many hours in brainstorm & workplan sessions to expand our BD ambition. I fully understand and empathise with the ups and downs of BDMs. However, optimistically, due to the fact tt we work with such varied functions/BUs across SingTel, we are indeed very different in our thots and the way we manage situations. I saw tt I've changed in the way I conduct meetings, analyse a particular problem or even dealing with external parties.

I'm a firm believer tt all that I learn from an experience (be it good or bad) is for me to keep and it will only make me a "rounder" (not fatter hor!) and better person.

So fellow team-mates....continue to persevere & smile! :D

With love,
Lynette

No comments: