Monday, June 29, 2009

Insurance by Ronnie





I am writing this blog not for the sake of selling Insurance (in FSI) but rather my thoughts on it recently. Insurance has given me a Deep thought in many aspect Family, Life & Car.

Insurance: this is one of the most "Taboo" subject that people has assumed as "given" and not so interesting as discussion topics.

1)Healthcare Insurance
My son was recently hospitalize for 7 days in Jun.
It was very tiring and worrying. He was diagnosed with "Fei yan".

We took a lot of effort and time to take good care. I must thanks my Parent-in-law whom happen to be in Singapore. Without them, I guess my family and I will have to really absent from work for 7 days. Even so, it was really tiring to spend 6 nights at hospital.
One word…..Zombie.

Cost: Luckily, we had got a Insurance package for my son, such that we pay only a partial of the 1000/day. Without it, I can't imagine the entire cost to us financially.


2) Car accident
I had a minor Car accident in Jun as well. Luckily, no one was hurt and it was someone fault.
The other party claimed against his car insurance. This driver happens to be interested to join SingTel SiX event and hope to be a potential ISV/partner with SingTel in the near future. It was a unique way to meet new partner. Anyway, it was troublesome and distruptive for myself again due to this car accident.

Cost: the other party has a Premiem insurance and hence all cost (est 2000), included a Courtesy car was all paid by the Insurance company.

I guess there is always things/plans that we wished and maybe not able to proceed as per plan due to many many reason in Life and etc. How a wish I could just buy all these Insurance plan or package?

With these 2 cases, I recalled that in my Army days, we always need a “Plan B” for just in case.
Perhaps we should always have more Insurance or “Plan B” in Family, Life & Work etc.

Do you agree?

Ronnie
29/Jun/09

No comments: